Friday, October 8, 2010

Big Day.....

Ok so I have completed six pieces and working on two since this spring...now giving the fact that it was Sping and Summer that's alot of "Hooking" as I have also dedicated time to Kayaking, Biking, and visiting family and friends...and I work!...a wonderful summer but to tell you the truth I am thinking about and looking forward to those long winter evenings and all of the hooking projects I want to complete.  I digress....this morning a package containing four of my finished pieces went out the door on their way to St. John's (I am feeling the loss already). 

"Home, Change Islands"


"Stacey' Stage"


"In the Cove"


"In His Green Room"

No they are not sold! (wish) they are on their way to the Craft Council to be juried next week....big step. 

The Craft Council of Newfoundland and Labrador is a member-based organization that works to maximize the artistic and economic potential of the craft community of the province.  They operate Devon House.

As Thanksgiving weekend stretches out before me....it think of all the time I will dedicate to my craft....however I know that life will get in the way :-)

Remember ....A persons life is the ultimate road trip...

Wishing everyone a good Thanksgiving where ever you are....

Paula

Paula Flood
Firbre Artist
Newfoundland Original Hooked Rugs

1 comment:

  1. You will do well at the hands of the jury at the Craft Council, Paula. Your work is delicate and beautiful and I am sure they will have nothing but good words for your work..just you wait and see!!

    I am hooking a little today...I had hoped it would rain for a little longer. Any minute I expect Tom to bellow from the door...."do you think we should dig another few spuds?" :) :)

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!