Saturday, April 16, 2011

Rantem, Trinity Bay--A forgotten place..

The 1945 census showed 12 people...man, women and children living in Rantem, Upper Trinity South District.  Apparently the last families moved out in 1954.  Today it is a place of summer homes.  Hubby and I and the two dogs hiked to Rantem and found a beautiful long cove tucked between high hills and away from the world...we had Kayaked to Rantem before but so enjoyed the walk today with signs of spring everywhere.  
http://maps.google.com/?&z=14&q=Rantem,+NL,+CA@47.694444+-53.858333
Its all about the lunch!

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful. It is no wonder I live in this province as its beauty cannot be equalled!

    Thanks for the pictures, I enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such lovely photos,, I'm a newbie to blogging and I'm so glad I found you,,your work is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Laurie :-)Glad to have you as a follower! Happy Blogging...Check out my website www.newfoundlandoriginalhookedrugs.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for any other informative blog. Where else may I am getting that kind
    of information written in such a perfect way? I've a venture that I am simply now running on, and I have been on the glance out for such info.

    Visit my web page: nysacpr.org

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!